Monday, June 4, 2012

Praying in my sleep

This morning I had another close call.  I again overslept (see my previous oversleeping entry at http://mykaddishyear.blogspot.com/2012/05/more-kaddish-anxiety.html).  I woke up just 12 minutes before I had to leave for shul.  I didn't even have time to make coffee.  I dressed, groomed, drank some OJ and left. I was hoping someone else would be davening (leading prayers), but looking around, I saw no one, so it fell to me. Feeling half asleep, and decided I'd daven as fast as I could so I could get back home to have time to make coffee and get fully ready for the work day.  I stumbled over words I usually recite cleanly, but truthfully no one seemed to mind or care.  I've recited the prayers so many times by now I can say them without even thinking.  Even the Kaddish D'rabbanan, with all its arcane Aramaic, rolls off my tongue without need to refer to the Siddur (prayer book).

When I finished davening this morning, I received just as many Yisher Koachs (congratulations) as usual (perhaps more).

No comments:

Post a Comment