Thursday, January 12, 2012

My mother, z'l

On November 20, 2011, my mother, may her memory be for blessing, died. Since the burial two days later, I have been saying kaddish for her in the traditional Jewish mourning rite daily. I go to shul (synagogue) every morning and every afternoon.  This blog is my attempt to capture my experience of mourning my dear mother's loss, a woman who not only gave me life, but shared her deep wisdom with me to help me understand my life. 

In this blog, I hope to capture the mostly, as it turns out, mundane aspect of going to shul daily, reciting the mourner's kaddish as a formal way of remembering her life, connecting to her now that she's gone and giving voice to my own experiences of mourning. I dedicate these posts to her memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment