Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stress

I've been feeling very stressed lately.  There's my father's fall.  There are work issues.  There are other family issues.  I'm also getting up a half hour earlier every day to make it to morning minyan, cutting into my sleep time.  The stress caused by these factors can more or less be identified.  They're all the general kind of issues that arise in everyday life.  What is less easily identified is the stress caused by loss.  For my mother's death has not only left a wound to my psyche, it manifests in my mental state as well as physically.  It would be interesting to read studies of the effects of a parent's death on depression and physical well being.  The person I'd most like to talk to about this is my mother, an expert psychologist who understood human nature better than anyone else I knew.  If only I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment